The Shikhar Dhawan Foundation completes its biggest on-ground educational event Youngistaan
To mark the occasion of the World Athletics Day on 7th May 2022, Shikhar Dhawan Foundation will be celebrating the occasion as – Youngistaan, Ek Kadam padhai ki ore, Ek Kadam Uchai Ki Ore on 8th & 9th May with various schools & not for profit organizations around the country. The vision for this initiative is to fulfill basic requirements of education supplies for underprivileged students and to provide them with zeal & enthusiasm towards learning, so that no child is held back from achieving greater heights.
- Harmonious Children Rehabilitation Association (HCRA)
- Works to promote welfare of disabled children in Delhi.
- HCRA believes in a comprehensive, multidimensional, and integrated approach to work with children with Autism, Cerebral palsy, multiple disabilities, and Mental Retardation.
- They sponsor education for children from economically weaker section, provide financial, physical and emotional assistance to fight against the dreaded medical conditions faced by children, and provide rehabilitation support
- Sunshine School
- It was founded 31 years back in Patna, Bihar
- Their vision is to provide education to the underprivileged and downtrodden sections of the society such as the vegetable vendors, daily wage laborers, painters, rickshaw pullers etc.
- They had started with just five students but today they have grown to the strength of 400 students
- GoodDeed Relief Foundation
- It runs various initiatives for relief aid to help the underprivileged section of the society.
- The Foundation currently acts as an umbrella to eight NGOs, Bastees, Orphanages, Schools, Front-line workers and all families affected by the current pandemic; gathering and providing ration kits, hygiene kits, fresh meals and any other items they require.
- The founders are India’s A List awardees and receivers of Covid Superhero award
- SAPNA Shikshalaya
- Works on supporting girls’ education in Alwar, Rajasthan.
- The Shikshalaya began with 19 admissions in the first year and has grown today to support more than 260 children
- The school provides uniforms, books, stationery and nutrition
- They work in innovative ways to encourage the parents to deposit small savings to secure the future of their daughters
- Sukoon Foundation
- Started in 2019 in Delhi
- Works towards empowering and funding a livelihood for children with special needs and underprivileged children.
- It provides the children with educational assistance, interpersonal skills and craft skills heping them build a bright future for themselves
- Shantidevi Charitable Trust (SDCT)
- It provides free of cost after-school tuitions to more than 400 children in Amritsar
- They also carry out other activities including vocational training, computer classes, tailoring classes, beauty course, etc.
- Welfare Home For Children
- It was born out of a deep desire to protect and safeguard as many vulnerable kids as one can as an individual.
- Today, operating in Delhi, with over 40 decades of experience in working for child welfare and protection, Welfare Home For Children, is a recognized and awarded voluntary organization, duly licensed and registered with the Govt. of National Capital Territory of Delhi and Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India.
- Over 2000 children have been adopted by families in India and abroad due to their dedication and commitment.
- Kiran Foundation
- Works in Bangalore towards the upliftment and wellbeing of women from marginalised communities
- The Foundation has also organized free vaccination camps for more than 2000 people and distributed food packets during the lockdown
- They also reach out to visually challenged students, students from various shelter homes, and a cross-section of economically backward groups, destitute homes and less fortunate to provide for food, shelter, education and other basic needs
- SMS or Srijanatmak Manushi Sanstha
- Started in 2002 in Delhi
- Works towards the holistic development of women & children.
- Developed from a small school using their premises for non-formal education center to full-fledged institute running computer classes, adult literacy classes, vocational training, along with health care centre for mothers and children
- Bharat Swaraj Foundation
- It came into existence in the year 2010
- It is committed towards growth of our nation by spreading awarenes regarding swadeshi products, swadeshi education, swadeshi languages, swadeshi companies, and swadeshi services.
- The foundation is involved in various activities to empower poor and poorest communities. They focus on child-education, moral, ethical, life skills and community healthcare and development programmes.
Through this campaign, The Shikhar Dhawan Foundation aims to provide underprivileged children with access to the path of learning & sports. The Shikhar Dhawan Foundation will equip the partnering organizations and children from underprivileged backgrounds with educational supplies. We have partnered with following groups & schools across India to impact 2100+ kids:
In these locations there will be multiple distribution of educational supplies, art & craft items, classroom materials and sports supplies & various other needs of special kids’ supplies to the tune of around total 21,000+ products & articles.
The Shikhar Dhawan Foundation aims to work with the Government of India, State Governments and UT Administrations to implement similar programmes in future as well. The organisation’s strategic investment in Impact 11 NGOs and resource mobilisation over next 1 year will be the major pioneer breakthrough in the social cause sector & the target is to grow and develop the sports potential of children & youth of the country.
Under the Youngistan campaign, meritorious & para-athlete players in field of sports are being helped & sponsored as well. The support will cover finances towards equipment, training, academy fees and other logistics expenses for them.
Shikhar Dhawan, Founder, quotes,” My passion is to create a deeper and sustainable impact in people’s lives. We act as an enabler by building the capacities of the NGOs and civil society organizations. Education campaign ki taraf humara pehla onground kadam hai aur fir hum aage badhte jaenge, bacho se interact karke virtually bahaut acha laga, aur sabhi ko humara ye initiative pasand aaya. Main aur meri team aap sabke support aur aashirwad se aage bhi isko aur bada banake desh ke har chote bade jagah pe leke jaenge.”
Dr. Kanika Dewan, Director-Impact and Strategy, Shikhar Dhawan Foundation quotes, “the Foundation is working relentlessly to fulfill basic requirements of education supplies for underprivileged students, and I believe that such initiatives can actually bring about a change in people’s lives. Actions speak louder than words. We have the resources and the network, so helping kids in need is our responsibility. We are feeling very strong about the cause & yes, the change is here to stay–you don’t have to sustain it, it’s is going to stay. Soon we will be floating invites to take entries to bring in 11 NGOs to nurture them; these NGOs which are spread throughout India are working on a number of social causes. This allows us to work pan India cutting across regions and states to cover the breadth and depth of India. We want to be remembered for providing outstanding services to the society.”
Mr. Amitesh Shah, CEO, Da One 42, also states that, “Youngistaan is a massive success initiative for us in the field of education & sports. The distribution was featured live on Shikhar’s IG platform, we also did live streaming of the distribution to showcase how pan India distribution works across various states. We also want to thank our Vocal Partner- Fever FM & RJ Sharat for being a part of this initiative.”
The Shikhar Dhawan Foundation is planning to adopt 11 NGOs soon & will be opening entries for registration through a designated process which will be announced soon. Foundation is working on campaigns to spread awareness & create impact regarding issues related to providing quality education, hunger eradication, job creation, poverty, eradication of illiteracy, and other issues. Strategic measures will be adopted for the upliftment of the communities and their welfare. The Shikhar Dhawan Foundation is established with an aim to bring change and helps prevent social issues and would be devoted to the common good.